Gmail is undoubtedly the most preferred email service around the world. One of the biggest advantages of Gmail is that it is compatible with almost every browser and devices which users generally use to surf the internet. Despite being loaded with all the latest features and a very clean user interface Gmail is also prone to some errors while running on different browsers. Some of the common errors that Gmail users have to encounter are synchronization of Gmail not working; Gmail won’t load in browser etc. If you are also facing problems while loading Gmail in your browser then this article can help you considerably. Here, we will discuss why does Gmail not work on Chrome or any other browser and how can you fix it?
Why My Gmail Stopped Working Or Loading?
There are various possible reasons why you are facing such an issue. Here, we are listing down some of them.
1. Temporary Problem with Gmail: If you are getting a notification that you are unable to access Gmail due to “temporary error (502)”, it indicates that Gmail is down due to some technical error with Google server. These issues are generally got fixed itself within a few minutes.
2. Issues with Internet Connection: If you are trying to open Gmail with an unstable or slow internet connection then you are more likely to face a Gmail loading error. Make sure that you have a stable and fast internet connection whenever you load Gmail in a browser.
3. Problem due to add-ons and extensions: Sometimes the random add-ons and extensions added by the user in the browser can also block access to Gmail accounts.
4. Security Concern: It is also possible that Google might have blocked your account due to suspicious activities. Generally, Google unblocks the account within 24 hours in such cases. A high number of spam reports are the main reason why Google blocks a Gmail account.
5. Software installed on your computer: Security software in your computers such as firewalls and anti-viruses can also block some sites. You should check the notifications of your installed antivirus to see if Gmail is blocked by it or not.
My Gmail Has Stopped How To Fix It?
To address issues like my Gmail account has stopped working in all browsers, how do I fix unfortunately my Gmail has stopped. We are listing down some basic steps that users should follow to load Gmail smoothly.
Step 1: Check that you’re using a browser compatible with Gmail
- Gmail works best when used in the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft edge. If you are using any other browser then you are advised to switch to any of the compatible browsers and then load Gmail.
Step 2: Check your browser extension or add-ons
- Turn off each extension and add-ons one by one and then load Gmail again to see if that solves the problem or not.
- You may also try using Gmail without any add-ons and extensions, just open Gmail using incognito mode of chrome.
Step 3: Clear the browser’s Cache & Cookies
The method to clear the cookies and cache is different for all the browsers. Follow the steps mentioned below to clear Cache & Cookies in Google Chrome.
- Firstly, click on three dots from the top right corner of your browser’s window.
- Then click on “More Tools” followed by “Clear Browsing Data”.
- Now choose a time range from the top. Select “All time” if you want to delete everything
- Check the boxes right next to the “Cached images and files” and “Cookies and other site data”.
- Finally, click on Clear data.
Step 4: Check your Gmail labs
- First of all, try and open your Gmail account through this link in case you have any labs turned on https://mail.google/?labs=0
- If the problem is fixed by the link given above then disable each Gmail labs one by one to find out the problematic lab. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable a lab.
- Open Gmail.
- Click on setting from the top right corner
- Now click on settings.
- Open the labs’ tab.
- Select disable against the lab which you wants to disable.
- Finally, click save changes from the bottom of the table.
Problems with Gmail Android App
If your Gmail is working fine in browsers but you can’t access new emails in the android app then it clearly indicates that your Gmail android app is not syncing automatically.
Wondering how do I fix my sync error? Well, no need to worry just follow the below-mentioned steps and you will be able to get rid of such issues
- Update the latest version of Gmail App in your Android
- Restart your Android device
- Check the settings i.e. your phone should be connected to the internet, must not be on a flight mode, make sure sync Gmail is checked in the Gmail app etc.
- Clear the storage in the device to create an ample space for new emails
- Check your login credentials.
- Clear Gmail app data and reload.